Monday, November 17, 2008

Quarantine

Starting early this morning I started experiencing a sore throat and cough. This morning it only got worse. We had already planned on John having a "daddy and Peyton day" since he doesn't get to spend a whole lot of time with her now that he is working. The plan was for me to be here to feed and help if needed but for the most part John to take care of Peyton all day. I am glad I was able to plan my sickness around it! Poor John had to take care of Peyton, and his sick wife and he did an amazing job. I retreated to our bedroom and was placed in quarantine. The only contact I had with Peyton was to feed her and the only contact with John was when I was brought lunch and dinner. Then tonight John has made up the pull out couch in the study to continue to limit exposure. After a day of sleeping and resting in bed, I thought I was doing better until I started feeling warm and took my temperature and it was 101.9! I decided to call my mom and see if she would agree to take care of Peyton tomorrow so I can limit my interaction with her. She graciously agreed and we will be heading over there tomorrow morning where I will be resting in her bed and she will be taking care of Peyton for me. If I am not feeling any better I will be calling the doctor to make sure it isn't anything too serious. Also, since I am breast feeding there is not many medications I can take and I would like to limit what I do take so Peyton doesn't get any of it. So, I did find out that I could take some cough syrup and then I took a Tylenol for my fever.  I am so blessed to have an amazing husband who takes such good care of me and a wonderful mother nearby who is such a great servant. 

No comments: